Women’s Health and the Yoni
A woman’s health and vitality is dependent upon the health of her Yoni, which is believed to be the seat of a woman's soul. It is the gatekeeper of the Divine Feminine Energy, a source of energy that exudes unconditional love for self and others when properly aligned. It is the sacred palace from which not only life is created, but also the energy center from which a woman is able to birth not only human life as we know it, but also creativity, vitality, sensuality, manifestation, and more. It is the bridge between the Spirit and Earth realms. Yoni is the Sanskrit term that is used to describe the vagina/womb and when translated means, "sacred space" and in Hebrew when translated means, “gift of God” ... Still doubting our magnificence and power as women ? It’s time to wake up Queens !
Below I’ve listed all of the Yoni/Matriz Care services that I currently offer, of which all together work synergistically to provide effective, clean, and safe Sacred Matriz Therapy. These ancient holistic modalities were created by our female ancestors specifically for us women, to use as tools to assist us with the healing and understanding of our bodies and sacred womb space both physically and spiritually. So that we may function optimally, grow, evolve, and thrive in the way that our Divine Mother intended us to do so. I carefully customize each therapy based on your history, specific goals, and needs, which is why prior to booking any of the Yoni services listed below, you must first book a mandatory Sacred Matriz Therapy Consultation (see details in “services and rates” section).
Yoni Steaming (vaginal steaming) has been used historically for thousands of years across the globe especially by the indigenous peoples, to cleanse and treat the female reproductive cavity both physically & spiritually by activating and supporting the body’s own healing mechanism via steam. It is a noninvasive all natural herbal hydrotherapy treatment that consists of a powerful yet gentle herb-infused steam that may help with; postpartum care, tightening, PCOS, fibroids, pain, stress relief, endometriosis, PMS/PMDD, menopause, yeast infections, infertility, releasing emotional/energetic blockages, irregular cycles and more.
Yoni Steaming regularly can not only result in an overall much healthier menstrual cycle, but also an overall better sense of well-being.
As a Labor & Postpartum Doula:
• I strongly believe that birth works and that birth is a deeply spiritual and joyful experience that impacts a woman’s entire life.
• I recognize that integration of the mind, body, AND spirit generates a more positive birth experience.
• I see myself as a companion to the birthing mother. I provide her with information that may help her to develop a birth plan prior to the actual birth and I also stay with her throughout her entire labor. That way she may feel safe and thus able to then focus and allow herself to flow with the birthing process so that she may give birth with ease.
• I understand that emotions and nutrition of the pregnant woman have a great impact on the health of her baby from its life as a fetus well through adulthood.
• I believe that breast milk provides optimum nutrition for the newborn baby and therefore encourage breastfeeding whenever possible.
• I respect the privacy of a laboring woman and her family.
• I’m trained to recognize the progress of labor by observing body physiology, facial expressions, speech, etc.
• I know that my role is to support the social structure of the birthing environment (caregivers, family, friends, etc.) and to meet the emotional needs of the parents by providing suggestions and information when necessary. However, my role is NOT to provide medical support or to make decisions for the expectant parents.
• I keep my talking to a minimum, because my actions speak for me. I prefer to remain humble, calm, loving, peaceful, and harmonious, so that the baby can be welcomed into a quiet and loving atmosphere.
• I see myself as an important member of the birth team, we’re all on the same birth journey together (birthing parents, caregivers, other doulas, etc.) and are all sharing our unique gifts and our deep love of birth all the while having mutual respect and cooperation with each other #teamworkmakesthedreamwork
• I trust my conscience when responding to events surrounding the birth process and release any fears and expectations of the birth outcome.
• My heart is filled with compassion and I’m prepared to help anyone of any age, race, religion or community. Babies are beings of love and should be met with only one language which is LOVE, the language of the heart.
• I realize that it is important to limit my number of clients so that I can not only create a balance between my own obligations and responsibilities to my family, but also to those that I serve in birth. That way the quality of my service is never compromised.
• I strive to see good, think good thoughts, speak kind words, and to listen to what is good, knowing that only these things can manifest the love.
• I believe that the ability to love is essential for the health of the body, peace of the mind, and joy of the spirit.